Thursday, August 4, 2011

What Brings You Here?

You weren't invited. You were stashed among the impossible dreams and concocted stories of a childhood you and I both chose to forget. You were left to disintegrate into sands so finite they gave in to their limits and stayed. Put. And yet here you are- you weren't invited. You told me I was "out of it". I moved on. You proclaimed it was "of the essence" that I remember you. You stole my essence, my being. You altered me and molded me and though they say you "heal all wounds" you carved them into me. And now you aren't invited. You can't be "Money" no matter what they say because you were there all the while, yet what I lacked in green I made up in arduous envy. And I hated and I hurt and I begrudged you. I learned to hold grudges because of you, and maybe I'll forgive. "All in due" of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment